Exploration Drilling Services
Our exploration drilling teams and advanced exploration drill rigs will allow you to cover more ground in less time! Precision exploration drilling and sampling services are provided by us to major mining companies across Australia, as well as junior explorers looking for the next big find. A major consideration for Raglan Drilling during our exploration drilling programmes is sustainability and protecting the environment.
We have exploration drill rigs that are calibrated to work in harsh terrain and other challenging conditions. As drilling and exploration professionals, we understand the precise and demanding nature of the process. Additionally, we provide self-sufficient exploration camp facilities and state-of-the-art communications.
Raglan Drilling’s diverse services cover the standard land-based RAB/Aircore, Reverse Circulation and Diamond drilling as well as offering the capability to undertake drilling on salt lakes with our specialised low-ground pressure rigs and support vehicles. View our full range of services below:
- RC drilling to 800m
- Large air packs, 1000 psi/2000 cfm
- Automated rod handling
- Hands-free breakouts
- Dust suppression
- Downhole Gyro surveying
- Excellent deviation control
- Remote workshop facilities
- Remote accommodation facilities
- PQ, HQ and NQ sized core
- Diamond Coring to 1200m HQ and 1800m NQ
- Geotechnical coring PQ3, HQ3 and NQ3 sizes
- Mud Rotary
- Directional & controlled drilling
- Downhole installations (monitoring bores, piezometers, packer testing etc)
Air Core and RAB Drilling
- Drilling to 200m
- Blade and hammer capability
- Dust suppression T
- ilting rod bin
- Small footprint, low impact
- Cost-effective first-pass drilling
- Self-sufficient camp and fuel facilities
- Drilling to 40m
- Landcruiser mounted
- Small footprint
- Cost-effective first pass drilling
- Air core, RC and Diamond solutions
- 6 x low psi interchangeable crawler-based carriers for hauling water, fuel, auxiliary air packages across lake terrances
- 3 x brand new Argo Conquests for people moving, sample and drill core cartage
- Small footprint excavator for digging sumps and rehabbing lake surface
Raglan Drilling has the capability to supply a complete remote camp set with either Explorex type caravans or transportable buildings
Drilling operations must be carefully planned before they begin. Several factors need to be taken into consideration, such as the location of the well, drilling equipment, cost, schedule, and the parameters of the well, among others.
- Nearby Sources of Water: Drilling near water can be beneficial, however, drilling mud must be transported to the site if no water source is available, which can be costly.
- Accessibility of the Site: Heavy equipment trucks need easy access to the site, and equipment and supplies must be able to be stored at the site.
- Climate and Weather: Extreme temperatures and high precipitation can harm systems or equipment, and undermine the drilling progress, ultimately resulting in higher costs.
- Size of the Site: In order to drill exploration holes, a reasonable amount of land must be available. Drilling equipment and other equipment typically need to be transported to the drilling site by road.
- The Surrounding Environment: It is important to take precautions before exploratory drilling can take place in environmentally sensitive areas like rain forests or habitats of endangered species since small amounts of deforestation may be required and noise can disturb native species.
- Preventing Aquifer Contamination: As drilling ends up connecting aquifers at different elevations and allowing surface water to reach them, they can become more vulnerable to degradation and contamination.
- Hydrogeology: Engaging in exploration drilling in an area requires an understanding of its hydrogeology. It is possible for drilling fluids to drain into nearby water supplies and enter the environment if preventative measures are not taken.
Frequently Asked Questions
The exploration drilling method is frequently used in the mining industry. It’s a technique used to identify the material composition of soils. This is a preliminary step that is always undertaken before big mining operations when mineral-rich drilling locations and ore deposits are discovered.
Before drilling for development, precision exploratory drilling is required. Drilling is essential for exploration to collect reliable temperature measurements, rock samples, and fluid samples for chemical analysis. Geologists study soil samples at various depths during the drilling process to evaluate whether the drilling line contains rich minerals or other resources. Geophysical techniques can give valuable and useable information about the subsurface, which is critical for determining the best drilling locations; nevertheless, samples must be obtained by exploratory drilling to acquire precise temperature and fluid data.
Exploration drill holes are generally shallower, smaller, and faster drilled than production and injection wells. This enables subsurface data to be acquired at a lower cost and more informed development decisions to be made. Exploration drilling is the most precise means of acquiring useful information as part of the exploration phase.
Enquire About Exploration Drilling Services
"*" indicates required fields